This set of actions automatically aligns layers either to each other or to selection edges.
To align layers to layer:
- In the Layers palette, select layer you wish to align the other layers to (on the screenshot, the layer "dog").
- Click the empty cell on the layers you wish to align to link those to the "anchor" layer (in the screenshot, "butterfly" and "fish").
- In the Effects palette, double-click one of "aligning" thumbnails (on the screenshot, the left edges are aligned).
To align layers to selection edges:
- Select some area on your image. Or just press [Ctrl+A] keys to select all.
- Select a layer in the Layers palette. To align several layers at once, link them to each other.
- In the Effects palette, double-click one of "aligning" thumbnails.