"Select Color Range" is a very handy instrument for selecting continuously colored areas.
- It may be useful to pre-define the required area roughly, e.g., with the Rectangular Marquee, as it is show in the screenshot. While this selection is active, the "Color Range" only works within the selected area.
- In the Effects palette, double-click the "Select Color Range" thumbnail.
- Click on required color in your image and see on the dialog box preview what area is currently selected.
- In the dialog box, activate "Add to sample" (+) eyedropper and click in several other places to add more tints to selection.
- Adjust the tool's sensitivity with the "Fuzziness" slider (it resembles setting "Tolerance" for the Magic Wand Tool). When ready, click "OK" to commit the selection.
Important! This action only works in Photoshop Elements 3.