The Clone Stamp Tool paints with a sampled pixels of an image.
- Open an image to your choice.
- From the Toolbox, choose the Clone Stamp Tool.
- In the Options bar, set the tool's tip size and hardness as we did it for the Brush Tool.
- Point the cursor at the image area you want to paint with, hold down [Alt] key, then mouse-click. You have just selected the source point for cloning.
- Paint with the copied pixels.
- The "Aligned" gadget in the Options bar (checked by default) forces the source point to follow your mouse, even after you complete a stroke. In other words, every new stroke continues the image started by the first stroke.
- Deselecting the "Aligned" option starts the sample point back to its original location every time you release the mouse button. That is, every new stroke re-starts cloning your image from the source point.