The Polygon Tool creates polygonal shapes and paths (shape outlines).
In the Toolbox, select the Polygon Tool.
In the Options bar, choose a drawing mode: to create vector shape layers
click "Shape layers"
button; to draw paths (shape outlines) click "Paths"
button; to create rasterized shapes in current layer click "Fill pixels" button.
Set number of sides in Sides field.
button on the Options bar to set geometry
Choose shape color*.
Drag on the image.
When creating multiple shapes, use
selector on the Options bar:
Create new shape layer
- to create every new shape in a separate layer
Add to shape area
- to create mutiple shapes in the same vector shape layer.
Subtract from shape area
- to subtract shapes from the current shape
Intersect with shape area
- to intersect new shapes with existing one(s) in the same
Exclude overlapping shape areas
- to create new shapes in the current shape layer subtracting
To apply some special effects to created shape layers, choose
a style in Style picker (Options bar).
When creating paths, you can select
exclude overlapping modes.
Working in Fill pixels mode you can also In the Options bar, choose
opacity and blending mode.
*To change color while creating shape layers, first turn off the "linked" gadget in the Options bar.