Alas, in PSE we can't use paths for text guiding as Photoshop users do. To solve this problem at least partially, E+ includes several templates for the most common tasks.
- Open a document you wish add a guided text to.
- Open the "Text" dialog.
- Choose a suitable template in the "Text on Path" menu.
On the screenshot, the "JULY 2009" layer has been made from "Text outside circle" template, while for the outer (transformed) layer the author uses "Text inside circle" option.
Once you have selected a template, the script opens a file with ready made guided text layers and duplicates those to the target document.
- Now the script suggests adjusting the new layer size and position (screenshot).
- Then, replace the "Edit this text" phrase with your own text.
- At last, in the Options bar, choose the font family, size, and color.